Do's and Don'ts
Do's and Don'ts for cleaning your dryer
• Clean the lint filter before or after each load. Don't forget to clean the back of the dryer where lint can be trapped.
• The interior of the dryer and venting system should be cleaned periodically by qualified service personnel. If you notice the drying time is longer, clean the vent system thoroughly to ensure proper airflow.
• Replace plastic, vinyl and aluminum foil venting with rigid or flexible metal venting.
• Do not dry clothing/fabric on which there is anything flammable (alcohol, cooking oils, gasoline, spot removers, dry-cleaning solvents, etc.). Flammable substances give off vapors that could ignite or explode.
• Don't forget to read manufacturers' warnings in use and care manuals that accompany new dryers. Also, warning markings can usually be found on the inside of the dryer's lid and take only minutes to read.